Sydney (our H.Q.)
CNS Neurosurgery’s staff are:
- Neurosurgeon & Managing Director: Dr Vini Khurana
- Peri-operative Care (Sydney) and Co-Director: Dr Dianne Khurana
- Practice Manager (via our Sydney HQ): Ms Cathy Zhou
- Medical Secretary: Ms Lauren Williams
- Medical Receptionist: Parnian
Our office hours are:
- From 9-5 AEST, Monday to Friday (except Public holidays)
For medicolegal matters, please visit our partner company CNS Medicolegal for details if you are seeking Dr Khurana’s expert opinion.
- We have appropriate COVID-19 (and, e.g., influenza) precautions in place. My staff will contact you before the appointment with further details.
If my staff are unable to immediately take your telephone call, please leave a detailed message with your name and best contact number and your call will be returned. If you are calling about a medical emergency, please dial 000 immediately.
For your record, CNS Neurosurgery’s email address is firstname.lastname@example.org and business-hours mobile number is 0400 683 662.
Currently, Dr Khurana’s consulting days are:
- Mondays or Tuesdays in Sydney (face-to-face);
- Thursdays and Fridays once a month in Canberra (face-to-face);
- Once a month in Batehaven (NSW South Coast) (face-to-face);
- Mondays or Tuesdays via telehealth (Skype or Zoom) for patients located outside of ACT and NSW seeking Dr Khurana’s opinion, but who can’t travel to our ACT or NSW Rooms for a face-to-face appointment;
- Urgent appointments from anywhere in Australia or overseas may be able to be arranged outside of the usual consulting days.
Surgeries are carried out in Sydney (Hurstville Private Hospital, Hurstville).
What to bring:
- Your Medicare card
- Your private health insurance card if you have one
- Your EFTPOS or credit card (Visa/MC only)
- Any brain and/or spine imaging studies (e.g., CD, hard copy films) you may have
- Your doctor’s Referral (or ask your doctor to fax or email the letter to us in advance).
As of 20 May, 2023, our new private consulting Rooms in Sydney (our H.Q.) are located in Potts Point, close to Sydney’s CBD, a very short distance from William Street’s iconic “Coca Cola” sign, and within a few hundred metres of the Eastern Distributor’s north- and south-bound off ramps to William Street, as well as Kings Cross railway station. There is a nice “Harris Farms Markets” at the base of the secure commercial building we’re in, and we have private (reserved) parking for CNS (see below).
Address: CNS Neurosurgery, ATTN: Dr Khurana, Suite 507, Level 5 at 24-30 Springfield Avenue, Potts Point, NSW 2011
Telephone: 02 (+ 61 2) 9331 4998 or 0400 683 662
Facsimile: 02 (+ 61 2) 9331 2993
Zoom: A specific link will be provided closer to the time of the appointment, if by tele-health
Walking: The walk-in entrance to the building from street level is on Springfield Avenue, to the left of the Harris Farms location as you look at the building from the street (see photograph, above)
Parking: We have reserved/private free parking for our neurosurgical patients. Please talk to Cathy or Lauren for details
Train: Kings Cross station is the closest railway station, and it’s only 200 metres from our building
Bus: Potts Point is also on the route of regular bus services to and from the CBD and Eastern Suburbs. Closest main streets are William Street (near the iconic ‘Coca Cola’ sign) and Macleay Street Potts Point
Accommodation in Sydney
If you are from outside Sydney and being operated by Dr Khurana at Hurstville Private Hospital in Hustville, your accompanying partner/spouse can be accommodated (without extra charge if you have private health insurance) in your own large private room at Hurstville Private Hospital, as certain rooms there each have an extra bed for this purpose. Hustville Private Hospital staff may also be able to assist with taxi (complimentary Cabcharge) transport to and from Sydney’s domestic airport and Hustville Private hospital, or with parking on site or on (adjacent) Millett Street Hurstville during the surgical admission. Just ask Dr Khurana’s staff for more details.