Sydney (our H.Q.)
CNS Neurosurgery’s staff are:
- Neurosurgeon & Managing Director: Dr Vini Khurana
- Peri-operative Care (Sydney) and Co-Director: Dr Dianne Khurana
- Practice Manager (via our Sydney HQ): Cathy Zhou
- Medical Secretaries: Lauren Williams & Zoe Askew
- Medical Receptionists: Jasmine & Parnian
Our office hours are:
- From 9-5 AEST, Monday to Friday (except Public holidays)
For medicolegal matters, please visit our partner company CNS Medicolegal for details if you are seeking Dr Khurana’s expert opinion.
- We HAVE returned to face-to-face consultations in the ACT and NSW, but we have appropriate COVID-19 precautions in place. My staff will contact you before the appointment with further details.
If my staff are unable to immediately take your telephone call, please leave a detailed message with your name and best contact number and your call will be returned. If you are calling about a medical emergency, please dial 000 immediately.
For your record, CNS Neurosurgery’s email address is firstname.lastname@example.org and business-hours mobile number is 0400 683 662.
Currently, Dr Khurana’s consulting days are:
- Mondays or Tuesdays in Sydney (face-to-face);
- Thursdays and Fridays once a month in Canberra (face-to-face);
- Once a month in Batehaven (NSW South Coast) (face-to-face);
- Mondays or Tuesdays via telehealth (Skype or Zoom) for patients located outside of ACT and NSW seeking Dr Khurana’s opinion, but who can’t travel to our ACT or NSW Rooms for a face-to-face appointment;
- Urgent appointments from anywhere in Australia or overseas may be able to be arranged outside of the usual consulting days.
What to bring:
- Your Medicare card
- Your private health insurance card if you have one
- Your EFTPOS or credit card (Visa/MC only)
- Any brain and/or spine imaging studies (e.g., CD, hard copy films) you may have
- Your doctor’s Referral (or ask your doctor to fax or email the letter to us in advance).
Our private consulting Rooms in Sydney are located in the iconic Ford Building on Crown Street in Woolloomooloo, a very short distance from William Street’s Boulevard Hotel and within 100 metres of the Eastern Distributor’s north- and south-bound off ramps to William Street. These Rooms are located in the same building as East Sydney Private Hospital.
|Address||CNS Neurosurgery, ATTN: Dr Khurana, Suite 6, Level 6 at 75 Crown Street, Woolloomooloo NSW 2011 (walk-in entrance to the building from street level is at the corner of Crown and Kennedy Streets, Woolloomooloo)|
|Parking & public transport options||
There is a Wilson Parking garage on the Riley Street Side of the Ford building and its entrance is via Kennedy Street Woolloomooloo. There is also parking nearby at Enacon Parking at 2 Cathedral Street Sydney CBD, underneath St Marys Cathedral.
Our building also has Woolworths Woolloomooloo with 1 hour of parking for Woolies’ Woolloomooloo customers who spend $10 or more at that store (Woolies’ parking entry from corner of Suttor and Riley Streets). Domain Carpark is also nearby.
William and Crown streets are also serviced by regular bus services to and from the CBD and Eastern Suburbs, and Kings Cross and St James railway stations are within walking distance via William Street.
|Telephone||02 (+ 61 2) 9331 4998 or 0400 683 662|
|Fax||02 (+ 61 2) 9331 2993|
Accommodation in Sydney
If you are from outside Sydney and being operated by Dr Khurana at Hurstville Private Hospital in Hustville, your accompanying partner/spouse can be accommodated (without extra charge if you have private health insurance) in your own large private room at Hurstville Private Hospital, as certain rooms there each have an extra bed for this purpose. Hustville Private Hospital staff may also be able to assist with taxi (complimentary Cabcharge) transport to and from Sydney’s domestic airport and Hustville Private hospital, or with parking on site or on (adjacent) Millett Street Hurstville during the surgical admission. Just ask Dr Khurana’s staff for more details.